Recipe by Dib's
A GREAT crust for chili, taco or burrito pie!
Top Review by LARavenscroft
Really hate giving a recipe a one star rating, but this just didn't turn out for me ~ not really sure what the problem was and like the other reviewer said, maybe it needs more fat, I really don't know. We couldn't cut through it and the flavor was very bland. Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup.
- 3⁄4 cup masa harina
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup water (yes, warm)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil (yes, oil)
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift the masa harina, flour and baking powder into a large bowl.
- Add water and oil and stir until a soft dough forms.
- Turn out dough onto a well floured board, pat into a round and gently roll to about 1/4 inch thickness.
- Carefully ease the crust into an 8 or 9 inch pie plate and prick the bottom.
- Bake at 400 for 15 minutes, fill with taco/chili filling and continue to bake for 45 minutes or until pie is done.