Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a great little appetizer. Very popular with guests of all ages.
- 4 12-inch flour tortillas
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 lb monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green chili
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- chili powder
- pepperoni slice
- red and green pepper
- ripe olives
- Cut tortillas in triangles and soak in melted butter and oil for about 30 minutes.
- Place on rimmed cookie sheets and bake at 400*F for about 10 minutes or until crisp and bubbly.
- Watch carefully.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with cheeses and bake again, until cheese melts.
- Decorate immediately with green chilies and green onions.
- Add a dash of chili powder.
- Optional: Use scissors of aspic cutters to fashion shapes from cheese and pepperoni slices.
- Arrange on crisps, return to oven briefly to toast the pepperoni and cheese and add additional shapes cut from peppers, pimientos, olives or green onions.