Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A throw together pizza while starving! :) Serve with a green salad and it is plenty for two-three people -- or serve as a quick appetizer for a few people! NOTE: To prevent a soggy crust, immediately slide baked pizza onto a wire rack and cool for several minutes before slicing/serving!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 flour tortilla (one 10-inch tortilla)
- 3 tablespoons neufchatel low-fat cream cheese
- 8 ounces imitation crabmeat (as chunky as you like!)
- 3 -4 tablespoons onions (chopped)
- garlic powder (just a sprinkling over the entire surface)
- salt (to taste)
- black pepper (to taste)
- cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 4 ounces swiss cheese (minced or shredded)
- 1⁄2 cup extra-sharp cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 6 -8 fresh basil leaves (snipped)
- Preheat oven to 425F for Pyrex, or 450F for a metal pizza pan.
- Spread olive oil on pizza pan (I use Pyrex!) to prevent the tortilla from sticking to the pan.
- Place flour tortilla onto pizza pan and spread on cream cheese.
- Top with imitation crab meat and onion.
- Lightly sprinkle with garlic powder, salt, black pepper, and cayenne.
- Top with swiss and cheddar cheeses.
- Top cheeses with the snipped basil.
- Bake at 425F (Pyrex) or at 450F (metal) for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and immediately slide pizza onto a wire rack so the crust doesn't sweat!
- Cool for 10-15 minutes, slide the pizza back onto the pizza pan and cut into 8 pieces, with a pizza cutter.
- Three-four pieces with a green salad is plenty for two-three persons, or as an appetizer for a few folks!
- NOTE: Use whatever cheese mixture you like ~ my photo with the blue background is made with swiss and mozzarella, with the basil underneath where it can't be seen!
This is so yummy. I made 3 different versions to adapt our taste. For DS, I left out the onion, garlic powder and basil. For DH I left out the onion. And for me I used all the ingredients and wow it was so good. For the swiss cheese, I used slices of Jarslberg. Thanks KUW :) Made for Rookie tag game
I always have those frozen imitation crab or lobster pkgs in the freezer and needed something quick to make for dinner. This was so quick and easy! Everyone loved it and asked to keep it in my "Keeper" file. Instead of cayenne pepper, I quickly diced a whole jalapeño which added a welcomed spicy flavor. Made a side of sauteed green beans in bacon drippings with fresh corn. Quick and easy dinner. It was a Keeper meal. Thanks Kerfuffle-Upon-Wincle! :)
A quick dinner and a change from the usual. Very rich. I might be more likely to use it as an appetizer. Esy and inexpensive to do.