1/1 Photo of Tortilla Cookie Crisps
Montana Heart Song's Note:
Created from tortilla chips which were crushed.At Christmas time, recipe is called Rummy Tortilla Cookie Crisps with rum added. They are crispy, crunchy and soft.10 minutes for soft, 12 minutes for crispy. Note: If you add more brown sugar plus spices and white chocolate chips as the reviewer stated, this will be a crisper sweeter cookie. I really appreciated the comments, but watch...being flatter, they will burn easily. I drizzle a white glaze on top for gift giving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 236.59 ml Crisco
- 354.88 ml brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 14.78 ml vanilla
- 59.16 ml evaporated milk
- 7.39 ml Chinese five spice powder or 7.39 ml cinnamon
- 591.47 ml flour or 591.47 ml rice flour
- 14.78 ml baking soda
- 236.59 ml chopped walnuts
- 1419.54 ml fine crushed tortilla chips or 1419.54 ml coarsely crushed tortilla chips
- 29.58 ml rum (optional)
- 1In mixing bowl, add the first six ingredients. Beat on low speed about 2 minutes, then medium speed until blended.
- 2In another mixing bowl, add flour, soda and walnuts. Mix well.
- 3Add flour mixture to sugar egg mixture in two portions. Mix after each addition.
- 4Take out beaters.
- 5Add crushed tortillas two cups at a time. Mix with spoon. Then add two more cups, mix.
- 6Make sure that the tortillas are crushed very fine. I have rough crushed and fine crushed and the latter works the best.
- 7The last two cups mix in, the "dough" will be a little stiff. But mix well.
- 8Preheat oven 375°F.
- 9Take heaping tablespoon and drop on ungreased cookie sheets.
- 10Note: I used a little over a 1/3 cup of evaporated milk this time and it seemed that the cookie dough was creamier.
- 11Bake 10 minutes light and soft and chewy.
- 12Bake 12 minutes brown and crispy and chewy.
- 13Let set 5 minutes then take off of sheets.
- 14I like to put the cookies on the upper top racks of the oven. It seems to cook evenly.
- 16Do not use black sheets. Bottoms get too done and tops not cooked enough.
- 17Servings based on 3 large cookies per person.
- 18Cooking time is for two sheets at a time.
- 19Note: You may add cinnamon instead of Chinese Five Spice. Do not use both.
- 20Note: You may use 1 1/2 tsp powdered anise with the addition of the rum and add a little more brown sugar.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tortilla Cookie Crisps
Serving Size: 1 (71 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 268.6
- Calories from Fat 139
- Total Fat 15.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 43.2 mg
- Sodium 213.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 16.2 g
- Protein 3.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Chinese five spice powder