- 12 fresh corn tortillas
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
Pice de Gallo
- 4 large ripe chopped tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup diced green onion
- 3 fresh jalapeno peppers, chopped fine
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- To make chips: Cut tortillas into sixths and fry wedges in oil that has been heated to 375 degrees until crisp.
- Drain well on paper towels and place in a brown paper bag.
- Shake with garlic and salt.
- For Pice de Gallo: Combine all ingredients and chill 1-2 hours before serving with warm chips.