This is really more of a cooking secret than a recipe...I came up with this last night when I made Mexican food for dinner...GREAT!
- Using cooking oil (I use vegetable), I spray the inside of the pan generously.
- Add half the chips and spray.
- Add the rest of the chips and spray.
- Add salt to taste -- I like them very salty!
- Heat on a very low setting, shaking about every three minutes until all of the chips are very warm but not burning.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately.
These were great! I had a pack of tortillas in the pantry, and cut each round into 12 wedges. I used olive oil spray, and lots of course salt. They were a HUGE hit at my football party, and my Mum actually thought they were store bought, didn't realise I had made them myself, they were so good! They were a hit with the kids too, so I'll be making these often! Great recipe Linzi! [Made for Fall 08 PAC]
Oh my.....what great technique! It absolutely does taste as good or even better than restaurant chips. Who wold have ever thought someting so simple would taste so good. I served these with Laurita's chili. PERFECT. Because this is so so and simple, I plan on serving them A LOT!!! Thanks so much for sharing, Linzi Jordan.