This is a versatile dinner. Nothing gourmet - just cheap, fast and easy. You can substitute what you have on hand. Don’t have kidney beans- I have use cannellini beans or black beans. Only have a ½ pound of ground beef- that works too- just add an extra can of beans. My family loves this.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb turkey
- 1 tablespoon minced onion flakes
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 3 cups tortilla chips
- 1 -2 cup shredded cheese (mexican blend or cheddar)
- shredded lettuce (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- salsa (optional)
- 1Cook ground beef until done and drain.
- 2Combine beans, seasonings, and tomato sauce in the skillet with the meat.
- 3Stir and simmer it for a few minutes.
- 4When hot, place in a 9" by 13" pan.
- 5Sprinkle with cheese and top with tortilla chips.
- 6Push some of the chips down into the meat mixture (but not all the chips as they will get soggy).
- 7Bake at 400° for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- 8We like to serve ours on a bed of lettuce. topped with salsa and sour cream.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tortilla Chip Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (189 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 235.7
- Calories from Fat 113
- Total Fat 12.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 47.6 mg
- Sodium 767.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 17.0 g