Recipe by Single Gal = Disaster in Kitchen
My lazy version of chicken tortilla soup. I like this recipe because most of the time you all ready have the ingredients on hand and your family members think your some spectacular chef....
- 16 ounces salsa, medium hot
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2 flour tortillas
- 1 avocado, ripe and diced
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat salsa in a little pot on the stove.
- Once it starts to bubble, add the broth and chicken and simmer until chicken is heated through, about 5 minutes.
- While it's heating, place a tablespoon of oil in a non-stick pan over medium heat and cook tortilla until just beginning to get crispy and brown on both sides.
- Remove tortilla to a paper towel, remove oil then slice into thin strips.
- Serve by putting some soup in a bowl, and topping with avocado, tortilla strips and chopped cilantro.