Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 mins
They are many recipes for these but I broil them for about 2-3 minutes and use the whole corn tortilla. I have made this for (4) servings but you can make as many as you like.Very simple and delicious!Options also shown.
- 4 corn tortillas
- 118.29 ml shredded monterey jack cheese
- 118.29 ml shredded longhorn cheese
- 118.29 ml shredded colby cheese
- 113.39 g canchopped green chilies (optional)
- 118.29 ml sliced pimiento (optional)
- Shred the cheese if you have bricks of cheese. Mix the cheeses together in a bowl.
- Lay out the corn tortillas on a baking sheet.
- Turn the oven to broil 400°F.
- Sprinkle 1 oz. of green chilies on the tortilla if desired.
- Evenly distribute the cheese on all four tortillas right to the edge of each one.
- Place the sliced pimientos on each tortilla if desired.
- Place the baking pan about four inches from the broiler. Broil about 2-3 minutes Until cheese is melted.
- Take out, slice if desired. Use a sharp knife.
- Note: To make a complete meal, sprinkle browned drained hamburger or turkey burger on each tortilla first, then the chilies, cheese and pimientos. This recipe is a meal stretcher and kids love it.
- Pass the sour cream or guacamole.
Oh, wow! This recipe will be in my goto file from now on! Yummmmmmy!