Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
The gluten-free and more nutritious version of Tortilla Cheese Casserole
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup low-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sliced ripe olives (optional)
- 1⁄2 lb shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut the tortillas into pie shaped wedges. Put them in a single layer on a baking sheet (use multiple sheets and/or make multiple batches as needed).
- Bake until lightly browned and crisp.
- Lower the oven heat to 350 degrees.
- Put the sour cream in a mixing bowl and stir until smooth. Slowly add the tomato sauce.
- Add the onions, garlic powder and salt.
- Spray an 8x14 baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Spread a thin layer of the sauce on the bottom of the pan. Layer half the tortillas, half of the sauce, half of the olives, and half of the cheese.
- Repeat the layers ending with cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until bubbly and lightly browned on top.
This quick and easy casserole with definitely please everyone. The flavor is "right on". I served this along with a side garden salad and the meal was complete. It's a winner, Elisa72.