Recipe by Elisa72
Our favorite as kids. The original recipe (which I got from my mother - she doesn't remember where she got it) called for frying the tortillas and used full-fat sour cream. I've lightened up the fat by baking the tortillas and using low fat sour cream (nonfat also works) and find it just as tasty. You can also add a pound of cooked ground beef, or substitute corn tortillas for the flour tortillas.
- 8 flour tortillas
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup low-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sliced ripe olives (optional)
- 1⁄2 lb shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut the tortillas into pie shaped wedges. Put them in a single layer on a baking sheet (use multiple sheets and/or make multiple batches as needed).
- Bake until lightly browned and crisp.
- Lower the oven heat to 350 degrees.
- Put the sour cream in a mixing bowl and stir until smooth. Slowly add the tomato sauce.
- Add the onions, garlic powder and salt.
- Spray an 8x14 baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Spread a thin layer of the sauce on the bottom of the pan. Layer half the tortillas, half of the sauce, half of the olives, and half of the cheese.
- Repeat the layers ending with cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until bubbly and lightly browned on top.