Recipe by Jaime in Winnipeg
I went on a missions trip almost 13 years ago with Teen Missions International and this was one of the meals served. I made sure to come home with the recipe as it was a team favourite!
Top Review by Ben Franklin
WHATEVER YOU DO, DO NOT USE THE CANNED LAS PALMAS RED MILD ENCHILADA SAUCE!!!! This sauce completely ruined my casserole! It tasted like soapy chemical water. I had to dump it in the trash because it was inedible, I feel like bursting into tears. But this recipe is fantastic! I did what others suggested and mixed the beans with sour cream and added some drained diced canned tomatoes to the meat mixture after it was done cooking. Will make again!
- 6 soft tortillas
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 2 (8 ounce) cans refried beans
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry ground beef and onions until meat is cooked through.
- Add taco seasoning and water and cook until thickened.
- Line the pan or casserole dish with 3 tortillas, then layer with 1/2 of the meat, 1/2 of the beans, 1/2 of the sour cream and 1/2 of the cheese.
- If you like it spicy, then top it with some hot sauce or salsa.
- Bake at 350 until bubbly (about an hour).
- *OAMC directions: after baking, place in rigid container and seal with a lid (and plastic wrap if desired). Place in freezer. When ready to eat, thaw, place in baking dish, and reheat in 400 degree oven for 30 minutes.