Cinco de Mayo, 2005. Couldn't find exactly the right recipe to make, using ingredients I already had, so I made this one up. It's a keeper!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 453.59 g lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, peeled and diced
- 14.79 ml taco seasoning (I used Penzeys Bold)
- 453.59 g can fat-free refried beans (I used Old El Paso)
- 8 (56 inch) flour tortillas (the package says "medium" for the size)
- 283.49 g can cream of mushroom soup (I used Campbells)
- 489.02 g jar red enchilada sauce (I used Pace "mild")
- 226.79 g cheddar cheese (I used two cups of Kraft's shredded lowfat "Mexican 4-cheese blend")
- 1Please note that some of the products used to create this recipe were purchased in Canada, and some bought in the US while I was on vacation; if you want to make this, just use whatever products you like best.
- 2Preheat oven to 375F; spray a large oblong casserole dish with nonstick spray (I used an olive oil spray) and set aside.
- 3In a large skillet, brown the ground beef and saute the onions, sprinkling in the taco seasoning; when meat is brown and onion has softened, turn heat down to low and stir in the refried beans.
- 4After a minute or two over the heat, the beans will soften and you will be able to combine the meat and beans easily.
- 5Turn off heat and set skillet aside.
- 6On your counter, lay out the 8 tortillas.
- 7Evenly divide meat mixture on the tortillas; fold tortillas into thirds, or roll up, whatever suits your fancy; place bundles (I call them enchiladas) into prepared casserole dish.
- 8In a mixing bowl, whisk together the soup and sauce; pour over the enchiladas.
- 9Next, sprinkle on the cheese.
- 10Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes; let cool for a few minutes before serving.
- 11Best served with sour cream and salsa on the side.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tortilla Casserole My Way
Serving Size: 1 (593 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 862.6
- Calories from Fat 399
- Total Fat 44.3 g
- Saturated Fat 19.7 g
- Cholesterol 133.2 mg
- Sodium 1823.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 48.0 g