Recipe by oldsailor
This is my wife's recipe for Tortilla Casserole. She's taught me how to prepare it which means that I have to cook more often ! It's a great recipe that's quick to make and can be served with a side salad or tortilla chips and salza. Prep time is about 30 minutes. Recipe feeds 6 - 8 depending on how hungry you are. Enjoy ! Mike Turner
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 (1 1/4 ounce) packages taco seasoning
- 1 (8 ounce) bag mixed cheeses, shredded
- 1 medium onion (optional)
- 1 (10 inch) package flour tortillas
- 2 (15 ounce) cans ranch style beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can ranch-style beans with jalapenos
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef, and onion.
- Add taco seasoning and 1/2 cup of water and simmer 10- 15 minutes on low heat Heat beans in microwave and set aside.
- In a round or rectangular casserole dish place a single layer of tortillas.
- Overlap if necessary Layer meat, beans and generous portion of cheese.
- Repeat this step for 2- 3 layers depending on how generous you are with your layers.
- Top the last layer with meat and cheese only.
- Cover and microwave 7- 9 minutes depending on the power of your microwave.