Recipe by Lavender Lynn
This recipe came from Pat Pearson. She was a friend I made while DH was in graduate school.
Top Review by NELady
This was a nice casserole. I served with a tossed green salad and called it a meal! If I make this again, I will use a spicier salsa (I used fire-roasted medium salsa) or I'll add additional peppers for some more heat. Following 1 reviewer's comments, I sprayed my baking dish with non-stick spray. I added some sea salt, fresh ground black pepper and a clove of minced garlic (I think my kitchen is single-handedly warding off all vampires from Western Nebraska - I use garlic in just about everything and LOVE it). I used sprouted corn tortillas in place of standard corn tortillas. Also, I used a mixture of Monterey Jack cheese & cheddar as I had both and needed to use both of them. Made for PRMR Tag Game, 1/12/09. Thanks!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can mushroom soup
- 1 (2 ounce) can black olives, sliced
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup taco sauce or 1 cup salsa
- 1 lb cheddar cheese, grated
- 12 corn tortillas, torn into small pcs
- salt and pepper, to taste