1/4 Photos of Tortilla Bowls
Dreamer in Ontario's Note:
I found this method of making tortilla bowls for Mexican salads in Company's Coming Greatist Hits Mexican. Make as many as you need. If using corn tortillas, use the microwave method as they tend to crack in the oven.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Microwave Oven Method:.
- 2Lightly grease bottom and outside of a 2 cup microwave-safe liquid measure measuring cup.
- 3Turn measuring cup upside-down and press tortilla over bottom and sides.
- 4Microwave on high (100%) for 1 minute.
- 5Using clean oven mitts, again press tortilla around measuring cup and microwave on high for another minute until brown spots begin to appear.
- 6If necessary, press tortilla against measuring cup again.
- 7Turn out onto rack to cool.
- 8Conventional Oven Method:.
- 9Lightly grease bottom an outside of oven-safe 2 cup liquid measure measuring cup.
- 10Turn measuring cup upside down onto a baking sheet and press tortilla over bottom and sides.
- 11Bake in 325F oven for 7 to 10 minutes, occasionally pressing tortilla against measuring cup, until brown spots appear.
- 12Turn out onto rack to cool.
- 14For larger bowl, use a 10 inch flour tortilla over a 4 cup liquid measure measuring cup.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tortilla Bowls
Serving Size: 1 (28 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 92.1
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 10.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 1.3 g