Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is easy and very yummy. Easy to have the ingredients on hand.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 (12 count) package flour tortillas (Old El Paso)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can black beans or 1 can kidney bean
- Brown the ground beef and drain.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 375, and in an 8 x 11.
- 5 casserole dish, place one layer of tortillas (4).
- Add taco seasoning with instructed amount of water, the 1 can of tomato sauce, and the black or kidney beans drained.
- I like to add a bit of hot sauce to add a zing.
- Simmer for a few minutes.
- Add half of the hamburger/ bean mixture on top of the first layer of tortillas.
- Sprinkle some cheese on top.
- (1/2 cup) Add another layer of tortillas (4) and place the remaining of the hamburger/bean mixture with cheese.
- Add the last 4 tortillas on top and bake for 20 minutes.
- Add last cup of cheese on top and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Serve with sour cream, lettuce, tomatoes and shredded cheese if desired!
Very good! I didn't have any hot sauce on hand, but it was very tasty. The perfect alternative to plain old tacos.