1/1 Photo of Torticas De Moron (Cuban Cookies from the City of Moron)
2 hrs 10 mins
Moron is a city in the provice of Camaguey, Cuba. These cookies are from Mary Urrutia Randelman's "Memories of a Cuban Kitchen". The cooking time includes chilling and baking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, mix the sugar and shortening thoroughly, using a wooden spoon.
- 2Gradually add the remaining ingredients, blending with your hands.
- 3Form the dough into a roll about 2 inches in diameter.
- 4Wrap the roll in plastic and chill for 1 hour.
- 5Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- 6With a sharp knife, cut the dough into 1/4 inch slices and place them on a lightly greased or parchment lined cookie sheet.
- 7With your finger, make a small depression in the center of each cookie.
- 8Bake until lightly browned, 20-25 minutes.
- 9Stored in a tightly covered tin, the cookies will keep for one week.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Torticas De Moron (Cuban Cookies from the City of Moron)
Serving Size: 1 (916 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1102.1
- Calories from Fat 472
- Total Fat 52.4 g
- Saturated Fat 14.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 675.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 145.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 50.2 g
- Protein 12.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: