Recipe by Tish
Consider getting the tortelloni, a larger tortellini, in green spinach pasta. They look great and are a wonderful appetizer
- 9 ounces fresh tortellini
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1⁄3 cup bottled Italian salad dressing or 1⁄3 cup Italian vinaigrette dressing
- salt and pepper
- 24 slices salami (Genoa if possible)
- 24 whole pitted ripe olives
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the tortelloni in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm, 7-8 minutes.
- Drain Meanwhile, cut the red pepper in half lengthwise and discard the stem and seeds.
- Cut into 24 squares, 1 1/2" to 2" ea.
- In a medium bowl, toss the red peppers with the dressing.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste Add the cooked tortelloni to the bowl and toss well to coat with dressing.
- Assemble skewers starting with a tortelloni, then a slice of salami folded into quarters, a piece of red pepper, and finally, an olive.
- Push all ingredients close together and down toward the pointed end, so the olive hides the skewer tip.