In '1,000 Vegetarian Recipes' by Carol Gelles
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 3 cups coarsely chopped wild mushrooms (portobello, crimini, shiitake)
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons madeira wine (medium sweet) or 2 tablespoons marsala wine (medium sweet)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper, taste
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 (12 ounce) packages fresh cheese tortellini
- 1In a 2-quart saucepan, heat the oil over med-high heat.
- 2Add the shallots; cook, stirring, until tender, about 30 seconds.
- 3Add the mushrooms; cook, stirring, until softened, about 4 minutes.
- 4Add the broth, water, Madeira, thyme, salt and pepper to taste.
- 5Bring to a boil.
- 6Decrease heat and simmer uncovered, 10 minutes.
- 7In a 1 1/2 quart saucepan, melt the butter over med-high heat.
- 8Stir in the flour until absorbed.
- 9Stir in the mushrooms and broth; cook, stirring, until mixture comes to a boil, about 2 minutes.
- 10Add the cream and Parmesan cheese; add the parsley; stir to combine.
- 11Cook the pasta according to package directions; drain.
- 12Place the pasta in a serving bowl or individual bowls; add the mushroom sauce.
Browse Our Top Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tortellini With Wild Mushroom Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (199 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 474.0
- Calories from Fat 169
- Total Fat 18.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 69.5 mg
- Sodium 813.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 17.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: