Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Sweet vegetables compliment the cheese-filled pasta and tangy garlic in this recipe. NUTRITION INFO (per serving) Calories: 335.3 Fat: 16.4 g Carbohydrates: 34.8 g Protein: 12.2 g
- 1 medium red pepper, sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced
- 1 medium orange bell peppers or 1 medium yellow sweet pepper, sliced
- 1 cup snow peas or 1 cup sugar snap peas or 1 cup green beans
- 1 large tomatoes, quartered
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 5 -6 fresh basil leaves, shredded
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups dried cheese tortellini
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Cook tortellini as directed by the package.
- Heat oil in a medium sized sauté pan.
- Add onion, cook until translucent. Add garlic, peppers, basil, and beans.
- Continue to cook until peppers become slightly soft.
- Toss vegetables with drained pasta. Top with parmesan cheese.
This was a great quick, week-night meal! I had some dried pasta on the shelf for awhile and decided to use it in this, Good choice. I used green beans, and cherry tomatoes since it's the middle of the winter, and those were my choices. Otherwise followed the recipe exactly. Even my non-vegetarian husband liked it. I'll definitely make again. I liked how quick it went together, also.