Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Sweet vegetables, cheese-filled pasta, and tangy garlic make this dish perfect for a summer afternoon picnic. This easy and quick recipe was adapted from a weight loss tracking website's newsletter.
- 1 medium red pepper, sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced
- 1 medium oranges or 1 medium yellow sweet pepper, sliced
- 1 cup snow peas or 1 cup sugar snap peas or 1 cup green beans
- 1 large tomatoes, quartered
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 5 -6 fresh basil leaves, shredded
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups cheese tortellini, dried
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- In a medium saucepan cook tortellini in boiling water until just tender. Drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in a saute pan or medium sized pan and add onion. Cook until translucent than add garlic, peppers, basil, and beans. Continue cooking until peppers become slightly soft.
- Toss the vegetable mixture with the drained tortellini, toss well, top with parmesan cheese and serve.
I enjoyed the simplicity of this dish. I used asparagus instead of peas or green beans. I also had some spare fresh olives and artichokes that I needed to use up, so I threw them in too. Delish, without the "heaviness" of a sauce. Made with #104628 homemade Italian Breadsticks.
Although I pretty much followed your recipe, I made a couple of small changes ~ I left out the red bell pepper & used 4 Roma tomatoes instead of 1 large tomato! Also opted for the snow peas over the several other 'green' choices! Really enjoyed the cheese-filled tortellini in this veggie dish & would happily make it again! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe tag]
Indeed, fresh and delicious, a great light mid-week supper, quickly prepared, that I served sprinkled with parmesan and ground black pepper, with cheesy garlic bread on the side, yum! Much enjoyed by all, thanks, Lauralie! Made for Aussie swap, November 2008