Recipe by lauralie41
Sweet vegetables, cheese-filled pasta, and tangy garlic make this dish perfect for a summer afternoon picnic. This easy and quick recipe was adapted from a weight loss tracking website's newsletter.
Top Review by ARathkamp
I enjoyed the simplicity of this dish. I used asparagus instead of peas or green beans. I also had some spare fresh olives and artichokes that I needed to use up, so I threw them in too. Delish, without the "heaviness" of a sauce. Made with #104628 homemade Italian Breadsticks.
- 1 medium red pepper, sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced
- 1 medium oranges or 1 medium yellow sweet pepper, sliced
- 1 cup snow peas or 1 cup sugar snap peas or 1 cup green beans
- 1 large tomatoes, quartered
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 5 -6 fresh basil leaves, shredded
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups cheese tortellini, dried
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan cook tortellini in boiling water until just tender. Drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in a saute pan or medium sized pan and add onion. Cook until translucent than add garlic, peppers, basil, and beans. Continue cooking until peppers become slightly soft.
- Toss the vegetable mixture with the drained tortellini, toss well, top with parmesan cheese and serve.