1/5 Photos of Tortellini With Turkey Sausage in Creamy Butternut Apple Sage
A Turkey dinner! Yes! Turkey sausage with butternut, apples, onions and cranberries. Flavored with crisp sage and garlic. For a quick and easy method look here Pureed Squash Butternut, Acorn Any Hard Winter Squash!. The sausage can be removed from the casing and crumbled and cooked.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb turkey sausage (Hot or mild)
- olive oil
- 8 fresh sage leaves
- 1 large onion, quartered and sliced
- 1 small apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 5 garlic cloves, sliced thinly
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 cup pureed butternut squash or 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup cream
- 2 lbs cheese tortellini, cooked accord to package
- 1Spray a large hot frying pan with non stick spray. Place links in and cook for 15 minutes till brown, remove from pan and set aside.
- 2In pan add olive oil and brown sage leaves till crisp and remove all set 6 aside fro garnish. Crumble 2 leaves.
- 3Add additional oil if needed to saute the onions for 3 minutes over medium heat, stirring to remove the brown bits of goodness from pan, add apple slices, the 2 crumbled sage leaves, garlic and seasoned salt, cinnamon and cook for 1 minute.
- 4Add apple juice and cranberries to onion mixture, bring to a boil then lower to a simmer for 5 minutes over medium heat.
- 5Meanwhile slice sausage.
- 6Stir the butternut and cream into the onion mixture.
- 7Add sausage stir and reduce heat to a low simmer.
- 8Toss cooked tortellini in to sausage mixture add some pasta water if needed to thin sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
- 9Garnish with sage leaves.
Browse Our Top Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tortellini With Turkey Sausage in Creamy Butternut Apple Sage
Serving Size: 1 (220 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 453.8
- Calories from Fat 166
- Total Fat 18.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 123.0 mg
- Sodium 828.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 19.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh sage leaves