1/1 Photo of Tortellini With Tomato & Parmesan Mushroom Sauce
This recipe comes from an old milk calendar. If you use cheese tortellini, it makes a tasty vegetarian meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- 3/4 lb fresh tortellini or 3/4 lb frozen tortellini
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1To make tomato sauce, melt 1 tbsp of the butter in a medium saucepan.
- 2Cook onion and garlc until tender.
- 3Add tomato sauce and bring to a boil.
- 4Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 5To make Parmesan/mushroom sauce, melt remaining 2 tbsp butter in a large saucepan.
- 6Cook mushrooms and green onions until tender and liquid has evaporated.
- 7Blend in flour.
- 8Gradually stir in milk.
- 9Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil and thickens.
- 10Remove from heat, stir in Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
- 11Cover and keep warm.
- 12Cook tortellini according to package directions.
- 14Stir into Parmesan/mushroom sauce.
- 15Pour tomato sauce into a 2L (2QT) shallow baking dish.
- 16Spoon tortellini mixture over tomato sauce.
- 17Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- 18Broil until cheese is melted and golden.
Browse Our Top Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tortellini With Tomato & Parmesan Mushroom Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (595 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1382.7
- Calories from Fat 620
- Total Fat 68.9 g
- Saturated Fat 40.3 g
- Cholesterol 250.8 mg
- Sodium 2983.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 124.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.1 g
- Sugars 14.5 g
- Protein 70.8 g