- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons pine nuts (or chopped walnuts)
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 lb spinach, trimmed and chopped (or 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 8 ounces tortellini
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the pine nuts, garlic, lemon juice, spinach and olive oil in a blender or food processor, process for 1 minute. Transfer to a small bowl and mix in the cheese; set aside.
- Cook the tortellini according to package directions, omitting the salt. Drain, rinse under cold running water, and drain again. Serve the tortellini as dippers for the spinach pesto, either on individual plates or a separate serving platter.