Recipe by Kay D.
From the December 2007/ January 2008 issue of Cooking Pleasures magazine. The recipe is posted as written, but personally, I double the sauce amounts; there just doesn't seem to be enough sauce to go around otherwise.
- 2 (510.29 g) package refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 354.88 ml broccoli florets
- 59.14 ml sun-dried tomato, drained
- 29.58 ml sun-dried tomato olive oil
- 78.07 ml kalamata olive, pitted
- 9.85 ml fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 340.19 g cooked hot Italian sausage links, sliced
- 59.14 ml shaved parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the tortellini according to package directions, adding the broccoli during the last 2 minutes of cooking. Drain, reserving 2 to 3 Tbs of the pasta cooking water.
- While pasta is cooking, pulse tomatoes and oil in food processor until coarsely chopped. Add olives, rosemary and garlic; pulse until olives are coarsely chopped.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Cook the sausage 3 to 4 minutes until it begins to brown. Stir in tortellini, tomato mixture and reserved pasta water if needed to loosen the sauce.
- Top with cheese.