Kay Demonbren's Note:
From the December 2007/ January 2008 issue of Cooking Pleasures magazine. The recipe is posted as written, but personally, I double the sauce amounts; there just doesn't seem to be enough sauce to go around otherwise.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (9 ounce) packages refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomato, drained
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomato olive oil
- 1/3 cup kalamata olive, pitted
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 12 ounces cooked hot Italian sausage links, sliced
- 1/4 cup shaved parmesan cheese
- 1Cook the tortellini according to package directions, adding the broccoli during the last 2 minutes of cooking. Drain, reserving 2 to 3 Tbs of the pasta cooking water.
- 2While pasta is cooking, pulse tomatoes and oil in food processor until coarsely chopped. Add olives, rosemary and garlic; pulse until olives are coarsely chopped.
- 3Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- 4Cook the sausage 3 to 4 minutes until it begins to brown. Stir in tortellini, tomato mixture and reserved pasta water if needed to loosen the sauce.
- 5Top with cheese.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tortellini With Spicy Sausage and Broccoli
Serving Size: 1 (133 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 350.3
- Calories from Fat 237
- Total Fat 26.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.3 g
- Cholesterol 53.9 mg
- Sodium 1297.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 20.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
refrigerated cheese tortellini
sun-dried tomato olive oil