Recipe by Shelby Jo
From Healthy Cooking (a Taste of Home magazine) April/May 2008.
Top Review by Chris Reynolds
We liked the sauce and tortellini, but were not fond of the salmon mixed in. I think it would be better with a salmon fillet with the sauce and tortellini served as a side dish. Thanks for sharing, though.
- 1 (9 ounce) package refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 1⁄2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1 (7 1/8 ounce) envelope boneless skinless pink salmon
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill or 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook tortellini according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, saute onions and garlic in butter until tender.
- Combine cornstarch and milk until smooth; gradually stir into the pan.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Stir in mozzarella cheese until melted.
- Stir in the ricotta cheese, salmon, dill, lemon peel, lemon juice, and salt.
- Drain tortellini; add to ricotta sauce.
- Cook and stir until heated through.