1/1 Photo of Tortellini With Roasted Garlic Sauce (Appetizer)
1 hr 25 mins
1 hr 15 mins
This is a wonderful appetizer and a nice change from the usual chips and dip or crackers and spread combo. We especially loved the sauce! If you roast the garlic ahead of time, it all comes together rather quickly. I didn't heat the sauce after pureeing, just served it at room temperature. Note added 12/26/05: I agree with Marie Nixon's review that there is enough sauce for 2 packages of tortellini. I did actually make 2 packages, and there was plenty of sauce for that amount.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F Cut 1/2-inch off top of garlic and remove papery outer skin, leaving cloves intact. Wrap garlic in foil and bake 1 hour, or until tender when pierced with a sharp knife. Let stand until cool enough to handle.
- 2Cook tortellini according to package directions (do NOT overcook, best to undercook a bit). Rinse under cold water, drain well on paper towels. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat(medium-high worked better for me). Add tortellini in batches to oil, cook and stir 3-5 minutes or until lightly golden. Add more oil if necessary. Drain on paper towels.
- 3Separate cooled garlic into cloves; pinch each clove so roasted flesh comes out and place in blender or food processor. Add mayonnaise, sour cream, Parmesan cheese and hot sauce. Cover and process until pureed and very smooth. Spoon into small saucepan; cook and stir over low heat until hot and bubbly. Transfer to small serving bowl.
- 4To serve, arrange tortellini on serving platter. Dip into Roasted Garlic Sauce.
Browse Our Top Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tortellini With Roasted Garlic Sauce (Appetizer)
Serving Size: 1 (51 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 144.2
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 15.8 mg
- Sodium 323.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 4.6 g