Recipe by Kozmic Blues
I had an extra can of pumpkin pie left over from Thanksgiving, and when I saw this recipe, I knew I just had to try it. We love my Pumpkin Ravioli With Sage Butter Sauce, BUT the pumpkin ravioli that I like to use from Whole Foods are SO EXPENSIVE!! Here's a simple and affordable alternative! This recipe was adapted from an online cookbook put out by Barilla pasta.
- 1⁄2 lb sweet butter
- 8 fresh sage leaves or 1 teaspoon ground sage
- 1⁄2 cup pumpkin pie filling
- 1 lb cheese tortellini
- 1⁄2 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place butter and sage leaves (or ground sage) in a sauté pan over medium high heat and cook until butter just turns golden brown.
- Add the pumpkin pie filling, cinnamon, nutmeg, brown sugar and remove from heat.
- Whisk gently until combined.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook tortellini in boiling salted water according to package directions, drain, and toss into sauté pan with warm sauce.
- Place pasta and sauce over medium heat and toss until well coated.
- Remove from heat, toss with Parmesan cheese and serve.