Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Make and share this Tortellini With Pumpkin Alfredo Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- kosher salt
- 2 (510.29 g) package cheese tortellini
- 14.79 ml butter, unsalted
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 118.29 ml pumpkin, canned (pure)
- 0.25 ml nutmeg, freshly grated
- 295.73 ml heavy cream
- 59.14 ml parmesan cheese, grated (plus more for topping)
- fresh ground pepper
- fresh parsley, chopped for topping (optional)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the tortellini and cook as the label directs. Reserve 1/2 cup cooking water, then drain the pasta.
- Meanwhile, heat the butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shallot and cook, stirring, until slightly soft, about 2 minutes. Add the pumpkin and nutmeg, cook, stirring, 1 minute.
- Stir in the cream and bring to a low boil. Reduce the heat to medium low; simmer, stirring, until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Stir in the cheese and cook until thick, about 1 more minute. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the tortellini to the skillet and toss with the sauce, adding some of the reserved cooking water to loosen, if needed.
- Divide among bowls and top with more cheese and parsley.