My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- kosher salt
- 2 (9 ounce) packages cheese tortellini
- 1 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup pumpkin, canned (pure)
- 1 pinch nutmeg, freshly grated
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated (plus more for topping)
- fresh ground pepper
- fresh parsley, chopped for topping (optional)
- 1Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the tortellini and cook as the label directs. Reserve 1/2 cup cooking water, then drain the pasta.
- 2Meanwhile, heat the butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shallot and cook, stirring, until slightly soft, about 2 minutes. Add the pumpkin and nutmeg, cook, stirring, 1 minute.
- 3Stir in the cream and bring to a low boil. Reduce the heat to medium low; simmer, stirring, until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Stir in the cheese and cook until thick, about 1 more minute. Season with salt and pepper.
- 4Add the tortellini to the skillet and toss with the sauce, adding some of the reserved cooking water to loosen, if needed.
- 5Divide among bowls and top with more cheese and parsley.
Browse Our Top Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tortellini With Pumpkin Alfredo Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (231 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 706.3
- Calories from Fat 372
- Total Fat 41.4 g
- Saturated Fat 24.6 g
- Cholesterol 168.6 mg
- Sodium 935.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 21.3 g