From September 2008 Bon Appetit, DH and I thought this made for a nice lunch.
Make and share this Tortellini With Porcini Mushroom Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- Place porcini mushrooms in a 2-cup measuring cup; add enough hot water to measure 2 cups. Let stand until mushrooms are soft, about 20 minutes.
- Drain mushrooms, reserving soaking liquid. Coarsely chop porcini mushrooms.
- Cook tortellini in large pot of boiling salted water per package directions. Tortellini should be just tender but still firm to the bite. Stir occasionally while boiling.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallots; saute until golden and tender, about 4 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and 3 tsp thyme; saute 2 minutes.
- Stir in 1 cup mushroom soaking liquid and cream; boil until thickened to light sauce consistency, about 3 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Drain tortellini; return to same pot. Add mushroom mixture and toss to coat.
- Stir in 1/2 cup cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer tortellini to bowl; sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheese and 1 tsp thyme.
- Serve immediately.