1/1 Photo of Tortellini With Porcini Mushroom Sauce
Dr. Jenny's Note:
From September 2008 Bon Appetit, DH and I thought this made for a nice lunch.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place porcini mushrooms in a 2-cup measuring cup; add enough hot water to measure 2 cups. Let stand until mushrooms are soft, about 20 minutes.
- 2Drain mushrooms, reserving soaking liquid. Coarsely chop porcini mushrooms.
- 3Cook tortellini in large pot of boiling salted water per package directions. Tortellini should be just tender but still firm to the bite. Stir occasionally while boiling.
- 4Meanwhile, melt butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallots; saute until golden and tender, about 4 minutes.
- 5Add mushrooms and 3 tsp thyme; saute 2 minutes.
- 6Stir in 1 cup mushroom soaking liquid and cream; boil until thickened to light sauce consistency, about 3 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 7Drain tortellini; return to same pot. Add mushroom mixture and toss to coat.
- 8Stir in 1/2 cup cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- 9Transfer tortellini to bowl; sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheese and 1 tsp thyme.
- 10Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tortellini With Porcini Mushroom Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (144 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 633.1
- Calories from Fat 274
- Total Fat 30.4 g
- Saturated Fat 17.8 g
- Cholesterol 120.1 mg
- Sodium 1053.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 24.9 g