Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Everyday Food September 2006.
- coarse salt
- 1 1⁄2 lbs frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 1⁄2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- parmesan cheese, for serving (optional)
- Cook tortellini about 2 minutes less than package instructions.
- Add peas; cook until pasta and peas are tender, 2 minutes more.
- Reserving 1 cup pasta water, drain.
- Set aside pasta and peas.
- Melt butter in pasta pot over medium-low heat.
- Add garlic; cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Discard garlic.
- To pasta pot, add pasta, peas, cheese, and 3/4 cup reserved pasta water.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss to coat.
- Add more pasta water as needed to thin sauce.
- Serve, topped with extra cheese if desired.