Recipe by LexingtonMom
Absolutely delicious! Cheese filled tortellini in a creamy parmesan sauce with prosciutto and peas. A fabulous entree for a romantic dinner that is fairly quick to put together.
Top Review by Jaedyn S
This was SO good! Both my hubby an 18 month old daughter loved it! I followed the sauce recipe exactly, and only made 2 variations to the recipe as a whole... I tossed in 2 handfuls of broccoli florets into the tortellini during the last 2 minutes of cooking and I used a scoop of garlic butter (yum!). I also saved myself some dishes by making it all in one pot by draining the tortellini and then tossing it back into the same pot and tossing the butter into it, then following the rest of the steps.
- 2 (9 ounce) packagesrefrigerated cheese-filled tortellini (Buitoni)
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 5 slices prosciutto ham, julienned
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook tortellini according to box directions. While it cooks, be sure to assemble all the other ingredients to be at your fingertips for when the directions begin to move quickly.
- Melt butter in large pan over medium heat.
- Add cooked tortellini. Stir gently until coated with butter.
- Add cream and prosciutto ham, combining gently. Cook until mixture thickens slightly, about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Add peas, cheese, and generously pepper (to taste). Turn over several times, allowing cheese to melt before serving.