Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
A tasty pasta dish from the Rococo's Pizza and Pasta Restaurant, Charlottesville, VA.
- 18 ounces cheese tortellini
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 6 ounces prosciutto, chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups red bell peppers, chopped
- 1 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Cook tortellini in large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to bite; drain tortellini.
- Heat oil in heavy large saucepan over high heat.
- Add onion, prosciutto, garlic, dried red pepper and black pepper.
- Saute until onion is golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- Add wine and bring to boil.
- Add mushrooms, bell pepper, green onions and peas and simmer until almost all liquid evaporates, about 5 minutes.
- Add cream and boil until sauce begins to thicken, about 5 minutes.
- Add tortellini, parsley, basil and parmesan.
- Simmer until sauce coats pasta, about 4 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer pasta and sauce to large bowl and serve.