Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I used only about half of the butter and oil listed, and while the original recipe says it is for one, I thought this was the perfect size for two. From Everyday Food June 2005.
- 1 1⁄4 cups frozen cheese tortellini (I used 1 1/2 cups dry instead)
- 8 ounces fresh shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced (I used 4)
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
- 1⁄3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Cook tortellini according to package instructions; drain.
- Meanwhile heat oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add mushrooms and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, until mushrooms are tender (about 7 minutes).
- Add water; season with salt and pepper.
- Cook until liquid is reduced by half (about 5 minutes).
- Remove from heat. Add tortellini, parmesan, butter and parsley.
- Toss and serve.
I used normal mushrooms since that is what I had on hand. This dish had no flavor at all. The only thing I could taste was the pasta and mushrooms. We ate it but I won't be remaking it again.