Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Loaded with veggies and a nice alfredo-ish sauce--it's hard to believe this one is light! I'm sure you can swap veggies for whatever you have on hand.
- 1 (8 ounce) package spinach and ricotta tortellini
- 2 cups broccoli
- 1⁄3 cup bell pepper
- 1⁄3 cup zucchini
- 1 small carrot, chopped
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) package alfredo sauce mix
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon light butter (I like Smart Balance) or 1 tablespoon margarine (I like Smart Balance)
- Put a large pot of water on to boil, then add tortellini and veggies. Stir to keep from sticking and boil about 10 minutes (according to package directions).
- In a small saucepan combine broth, milk, and butter over med-high heat until butter melts, then add alfredo sauce mix.
- Whisk to dissolve powder, then cook over medium for five minutes.
- Add parmesan and whisk again for twenty seconds.
- Drain tortellini and veggies then place back in pan. Pour on the sauce and voila!
I enjoyed this and it went together easily. I used fresh veggies, adding slivers of red bell pepper, & used Knorr alfredo mix. Served with a grenn salad it made a filling meal. Thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for ZWT7.
5 stars for sure!!! This was an easy 7 WW point dinner for us and I even used regular butter and a 12 ounce package of cheese tortellini! What a great meal! I have never used the powdered alfredo mix, but I would use it to make this again. We had this with some fresh French bread to sop up the sauce. Made for 1, 2, 3 Tag. Thanks smellyvegetarian! :)
5 Stars, loved this dish, hard to believe it is "light", this has a full taste. I would add more vegetables next time, then DH and I won't fight as much over our portions. I considered sprinkling some red pepper flakes, but the first time I make a recipe, I like to follow the directions. A great weeknight meal! Thanks for posting, smellyvegetarian! Made for Went to the Market tag.