Recipe by mama smurf
This is different than the ones posted. Found in All*You Eat Well Save Big Cookbook. I changed it a little to fit our tastes.
Top Review by Karen Elizabeth
Very much enjoyed, I love tortellini and can't always find it, when I get the chance this is exactly the sort of recipe I look for to really enjoy this wonderful pasta! I made as per recipe, other than that I had much less ham than I had thought, so I took about 50 gr chopped sun-dried tomato and added that as well, which was very good. This was excellent, quick and delicious. Thank you Denise, for drawing my attention to this recipe, made for I Recommend tag game.
- 1 lb fresh cheese tortellini
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 3 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 lb ham, chopped
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 onion, diced small
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil over high heat. Stir in tortellini and cook until pasta is just al dente. Add peas to pot for final 30 seconds to 1 minute of cooking time. (I just defrost my peas or run some warm water over them). While the pasta is cooking in another small pan saute the onions and garlic in tablespoon of butter or oil till soft and set aside.
- Drain tortellini and peas in a colander and immediately return to pot. Stir in butter, cream, Parmesan, sauteed onions and garlic and the ham. Season with salt and pepper. Turn stove on to medium heat and cook tortellini mixture, stirring frequently, until butter has melted, ingredients are heated through and sauce has thickened slightly, about 2-4 minutes. Serve immediately.