Recipe by Gwen35
I made this for the second time tonight, and felt I had to share it. It is a delightful, light pasta dish, and would do very well for a "company" meal by tossing in a handful of shrimps, scallops, bacon bits, or whatever stirs your fancy. The recipe and instructions below follow the recipe to a "T", but I did add 1 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp. crushed chili flakes because I thought it needed a bit of a boost. Hope you enjoy it.
- 1 (9 ounce) package cheese tortellini
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup sweet pepper, cut into bite size pieces (red, yellow, or green)
- 1 cup table cream (or milk)
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch (a bit more may be needed if using milk)
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup black olives, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook tortellini according to package directions, until nearly tender. Drain.
- While tortellini is cooking, in another saucepan, heat oil with butter.
- Saute peppers and garlic for about two minutes.
- Stir together cream (or milk), broth and cornstarch and add to peppers.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, stirring constantly till sauce is thickened.
- Add Italian seasonings, black pepper and olives.
- Simmer gently for a few minutes (long enough for the spices to meld into the sauce).
- Combine with cooked tortellini and serve.