Recipe by ellie_
We really enjoyed this simple dish.
Top Review by juniperwoman
This is almost identical to a Real Simple recipe. I made a bunch of changes. I had no peppers, so I used 4 baby eggplants. I also replaced the parsley with some fresh sage and a spring greens mix. I also added way more seasoning. Super yummy.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 eggplant, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 bell peppers, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 cups vegetable broth (or 3 cups water and 3 vegetable bouillion cubes)
- 1 lb cheese tortellini (I used the dry kind)
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet heat oil over medium high heat. Add eggplant, bell peppers,1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper; cook stirring occasionally for about 8-10 minutes or until vegetables start to soften.
- Add garlic and red pepper flakes, stir for another minute.
- Stir in broth and pasta. Cover and simmer over medium heat for about 10-15 minutes or until tortellini is done.
- Stir in parsley and 1/4 cup of the cheese.
- Spoon into indiviudal dishes and sprinkle with remaining cheese.