Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
If you can't get enough garlic, then I urge you to try this easy recipe. Cook time does include the time it takes to roast the garlic. I guarantee you will be safe from vampires after consuming this dish!
- 1 -2 head garlic (depending on how intense you want your sauce)
- 1 -3 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- salt and pepper
- 1 (14 ounce) package tortellini (fresh or frozen)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- To roast your garlic, cut off the tops of the heads to expose the cloves (using a serrated knife will make this much easier).
- Place the heads in a square of aluminum foil with the head facing up.
- Drizzle with 1 or 2 tablespoons olive oil (2 tbsp for 2 heads).
- Seal the foil and roast for 1 hour.
- Let cool, and then separate heads into cloves and squeeze each clove to extract the garlic.
- Place the roasted garlic into a blender or food processor.
- Add the 1 tablespoon remaining olive oil and 1/4 cup cream and whirl until garlic is pulverized.
- Add the rest of the cream, sour cream, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
- Whirl to combine.
- Sauce will be thick at this point. Set aside.
- Cook the pasta until al dente; drain.
- Melt the butter in a skillet.
- Add the pasta and toss with the butter until coated.
- Add the sauce, cook and stir until sauce becomes thin.
- Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately with extra Parmesan cheese on top to desired taste.
- To make this a more substantial meal, you could add chopped cooked chicken or shrimp, broccoli or peas.
This was a very easy recipe. I recommend using 2 heads of garlic if you are a big garlic fan. I added chicken and mushroms to mine and used a blend of three cheeses as well.. This will definitely be a repeat at our house!!!
What an excellent dish! I added some sauteed mushrooms and chicken. Yummy! This dish was better than most comperable meals that restaurants offer. Thanks for sharing it. It has been added to my dinner rotation!!
Excellent. I made the roasted garlic but used Rosemary Roasted Garlic to add rosemary to it as it roasted. This was delicious, the pepper i used was freshly cracked multicolor pepper. My figure will never forgive you :)