1/1 Photo of Tortellini With Creamy Pumpkin Sauce
I saw Rachael Ray make something very similar to this, but I thought it was a little labor intensive and heavy looking. However, the idea of the flavors intrigued me, so I played around and came up with this version. It is so delicious and creamy and the entire family just loved it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place a large pot of salted water over high heat to boil. When water is boiling, drop tortellini and cook according to package directions. Drain cooked tortellini and reserve.
- 2Melt the butter, add the onion and garlic, and season with salt and pepper. Sauté until the onions soften.
- 3Stir in flour and cook about a minute. Whisk in the milk and cook until the liquid comes up to a bubble and the sauce thickens, 2-3 minutes.
- 4Stir in the nutmeg and pumpkin. Season with salt and pepper and simmer until thickened, about 1 minute. I found I needed quite a bit of salt.
- 5Toss the tortellini with the pumpkin sauce and transfer to a casserole dish. Cover with cheese and broil until cheese is browned.
Browse Our Top Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tortellini With Creamy Pumpkin Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (395 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 765.3
- Calories from Fat 283
- Total Fat 31.5 g
- Saturated Fat 18.4 g
- Cholesterol 125.5 mg
- Sodium 871.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 86.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 35.2 g