Recipe by Katanashrp
You can use any kind of tortellini, and mushrooms for this recipe. You can make this a vegetarian dish, or not.
Top Review by I'mPat
I scaled back for 3 serves and used a 375 gram pack of mixed pasta veal tortellini and about 8 baby belle mushrooms, otherwise made as per recipe except when serving I put the tortellini into a oven proof dish and poured the sauce over and mixed through the pasta to and put in a warm oven to let the flavours develop while a made a side of a garden salad and heated up the garlic bread and when serving I sprinkled sharp cheddar cheese on top as my lot do not like parmesan which they refer to as spew cheese but all 4 of us enjoyed immensely as was, thank you Katanashrp, made for Name that Ingredient tag game.
- 1 lb tortellini
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 1⁄4 mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 10 ounces heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- parmesan cheese, for topping
- nutmeg, a pinch
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the pasta until al dente, drain and return to the pan to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil, add the mushrooms, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in the wine, and cook for another 5 minutes, or untill the liquid has reduced by half.
- Add cream, nutmeg and parsley and stir to combine.
- Cook for another 3-5 minutes, until the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place tortellini on serving plates, spoon the sauce over and sprinkle with Parmesan