Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is one of our family favorites.
- 1 lb tortellini (any flavor)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, drained,chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- ADD pasta to large pan of boiling water; Boil uncovered until just tender; Drain.
- HEAT oil in pan, add bacon; Cook, stirring until bacon is crisp; Add onions and tomatoes; Cook stirring until onions are just tender; Remove and reserve half the bacon mixture for serving.
- STIR cream, sour cream, water, cheese and basil into remaining bacon mixture in pan; Stir until heated through.
- COMBINE tortellini and cream mixture; Toss well; Serve sprinkled with reserved bacon mixture.
Wonderful recipe! My family thoroughly enjoyed this one. I used 1 1/4 cups Half & Half in place of the cream, sour cream and water. I also added a teaspoon of Italian herb seasoning. So delicious! Can't wait to make this one again.
Very nice thank you Housemanager. Very rich too. I would like to add a little tomato paste and about 1/2 cup of wine to cut the rich creaminess next time.
Good recipe and quick to make. I didn't have sun-dried tomatoes so I chopped up a fresh tomato... this was very good. I also used skim milk in place of the cream as that is all I had. I didn't bother with the olive oil and just used turkey bacon... although I did use more than 4 slices because I wanted more bacon flavor. My sour cream was also low-fat. I thought a pound of tortellini was a lot and I ended up making more sauce. Next time I will cut back on the tortellini. For us, this is more than four servings. Thank you for an enjoyable way to serve tortellini.