1/3 Photos of Tortellini With Creamed Corn and Bacon
Roxygirl in Colorado's Note:
I can never get enough macaroni and cheese and this updated version is adapted from the restaurant "Signatures" in Washington, DC.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces elbow macaroni, cut into 1/2 inch pieces (I use tortellini) or 12 ounces cheese tortellini
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced shiitake mushroom
- 2 large shallots, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 1/4 cups whipping cream
- 1 cup frozen white corn kernels, thawed
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely grated cheddar cheese
- 1Cook macaroni/tortellini in large pot of boiling water until tender, but still firm to bite.
- 2Preheat broiler.
- 3Butter a 13 x 9 casserole dish.
- 4Cook bacon in large skillet over medium-high heat until crisp.
- 5Transfer bacon to paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- 6Add mushrooms to the skillet (with bacon drippings).
- 7Sauteed until golden, about 6 minutes.
- 8Add shallots and garlic and saute about 5 minutes (until golden).
- 9Add macaroni, cream, and corn and toss until sauce coats macaroni, abut 3 minutes.
- 10Stir in 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, parsley, and bacon.
- 11Transfer to baking dish.
- 12Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and remaining Parmesan cheese.
- 13Broil until brown, about 3 minutes (don't let burn).
Browse Our Top Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tortellini With Creamed Corn and Bacon
Serving Size: 1 (195 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 634.1
- Calories from Fat 325
- Total Fat 36.1 g
- Saturated Fat 21.2 g
- Cholesterol 115.8 mg
- Sodium 502.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 24.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: