Recipe by ChefDLH
This is from the CHOPPED cookbook 2014 from the TV show from Food Network. We love this recipe and it is so easy. The ingredients are so simple yet they made such a decadent dish. Great for people of all ages. Serve it for company or an everyday weeknight meal. Enjoy! ChefDLH
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 2 cups frozen peas
- i cup diced ham
- 18 ounces cheese tortellini pasta (2- 9 oz pkgs)
Directions See How It's Made
- Start the water. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Make the sauce. Bring the milk, cream cheese, and parmesan to a simmer in a large saucepan, whisking vigorously until the cream cheese is dissolved and the sauce is thickened, about 5 minutes. Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and a couple turns of pepper. Stir in the peas, remove from heat, and stir in the ham.
- Cook the pasta and toss. Add the pasta to the boiling water and cook according to the package directions. Drain the pasta and toss with the sauce. Season with salt and pepper, sprinkle with additional Parmesan, and serve immediately.