1/2 Photos of Tortellini With Chili-Tomato Sauce
My mom was cleaning out one of her closets and came across several folders full of recipes that she had clipped from magazines and newpapers over the years. I'm not sure what publication this is from but it's really good. You can use canned jalapenos if you don't have fresh.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large pot of boiling water, cook tortellini according to package directions. Drain and rinse with warm water, then transfer to a serving bowl and keep warm.
- 2Put pine nuts in a medium saucepan and shake gently over medium heat until lightly browned. Transfer to a small bowl.
- 3Heat oil in the same saucepan over medium-high heat. Add jalapenos and garlic and saute, stirring often, 2 minutes.
- 4Add tomatoes and their liquid. Bring to a full boil, then reduce heat and boil gently for about 5 minutes.
- 5Boil heavy cream in a small saucepan for about 3 minute, or until reduced by half. Stir into the tomato sauce.
- 6Pour sauce over tortellini; sprinkle with pine nuts and olives.
Browse Our Top Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tortellini With Chili-Tomato Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (298 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 594.0
- Calories from Fat 256
- Total Fat 28.5 g
- Saturated Fat 12.3 g
- Cholesterol 94.3 mg
- Sodium 926.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 19.6 g